Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Poondu (Garlic) Chutney

I just love this Poondu Chutney, which mom makes when she is bored of cooking the whole day, or when coconut or potu kadali (to make the regular chutney) is out of stock in her kitchen. I still remember we (sisters & I) would fight for the nadir portion of this chutney, since oil stays at the bottom only...when dipped, makes your idli even more tastier!



Ingredients:

Poondu/Garlic clove: 10
Chilli Powder: 1 tsp (or as per your comfort)
Salt to tasteOil: 4-5 tsp
a sprig of curry leaves, finely chopped
a pinch of turmeric powder
a pinch of asfoetida

Method:

1.Pound-crush the garlic and keep aside

2.Heat oil, add the crushed garlic and fry

3.When the garlic is fully fried, add the rest of the ingredients, fry for few seconds and then switch off the stove

4.The Chutney is ready to be served with idly/dosa.

I personally like to spread this chutney over my idlies, leave it for few minutes and then love to slurp them!

Since this chutney stays as fresh for 3 days, this is a good travel
food too!

2 comments:

  1. sounds simple & interesting... will try this sometime soon... thx for the quick one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanks for visiting my blog!...ya do let me know the result!

    ReplyDelete