After a very long time!
I made this eggless cake for a Dessert Making Competition. This is nutritious, fiber rich and absolutely scrumptious!
Self raising/all purpose flour – ¾ Cup
Whole Wheat flour – ¾ Cup
Butter – 30 gm (@ room temp)
Olive Oil - 70 ml
Light Brown Sugar – ¾ cup
Warm Water – 120 ml
Ground Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Juice of Whole Sweet Orange - 1 (Big)
What to do...
1. Pre heat the oven to 200 C for 10 minutes
2. Grease a round cake pan line base with Parchment paper
3. Beat the wet and dry ingredients separately
4. Then fold them gently together and mix them
5. Now, transfer the mixture to the prepared cake pan
6. Bake it for 10 minutes @ 200 C
7. Then reduce the temperature to 180 C and bake it for 5 - 10 more minutes (or till done)
8. Allow it to cool (I let it to cool for 3 hours).
Unsalted Butter Softened - 170 gm
Sifted Icing Sugar - 3 cups
Fresh Blueberry Puree - 1/4 Cup
Blueberry Juice - 4 Tbsp
Orange zest - 1/2 Tbsp
Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
Kosher Salt - 1/8 tsp
Whipping Cream - 4-6 tbsp
What to do...
1. Puree blueberries and strain through a fine mesh sieve
2. Set aside berries and juice in separate small bowls
3. In an electric mixer, on medium speed, fold the cream, butter and salt until smooth
4. Now lower the mixer speed to medium-low and slowly add (in order) icing sugar, vanilla extract, blueberry puree, blueberry juice and orange zest
5. Now, adjust the mixer speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy
6. Finally, if needed, add 1 tbsp cream at a time until the frosting is in a spreadable consistency
Dress the cake, and enjoy!